The Ohio Plein Air Society Juried Show in Canton, OH
Small Town Ohio: Select Plein Air Paintings by Members of the Ohio Plein Air Society
At the Canton Museum of Art
A Juried, Plein Air Members ExhibitionTuesday, August 3, 2021 to Sunday, October 24, 2021
|THE FULL PROSPECTUS:|
ENTRIES:Entry Deadline: June 12, 2021
Images – Maximum: 3 images (at least one painting will be selected for each member applying)
Entry Fee: $30.00
CALL FOR OPAS ARTISTS:
This juried event will celebrate the plein air tradition by exhibiting, promoting, and selling an exclusive group of works painted outdoors in the true spirit of plein air painting. Our theme is celebrating Ohio small towns. Our jurors will select the finest plein air works from members of the Ohio Plein Air Society. We will celebrate at an opening on Thursday, August 12, 5-7 p.m.Don’t miss this unique opportunity to add a prestigious museum exhibition to your artist resume.
• All entries must be submitted via Online Juried Shows by June 12, 2021.
• Artists MUST be members of the Ohio Plein Air Society to submit their works. Go to www.ohiopleinairsociety.com for membership information
ENTRIES AND FEES:
• A non-refundable application fee of $30 will be collected from each artist submitting their works
• This fee is payable online only by credit card via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com)
• Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 painting images. At least one painting will be selected for each member applying.
• This is strictly a juried show
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
• All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR PAINTINGS
(at least 90% done on location, outside, from direct observation, no use of photography)
• Paintings should be completed during the calendar years of 2019 to June 12, 2021
• Our juror will be choosing works they feel best represent the spirit of PLEIN AIR
• Please submit your best PLEIN AIR work only, no studio work
• All artwork MUST BE framed and wired securely for hanging in a fine art gallery setting
• Works on paper and mediums susceptible to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass
• Size limit: artwork cannot exceed 48” on the longest side
• The Canton Museum of Art reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging
• Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present for the duration of the scheduled exhibition
• Jurors: Christy Davis, Curator of Exhibitions and Kaleigh Pisani-Paige, Curator of Collections & Registrar,Canton Museum of Art
• All paintings submitted for judging will be reviewed by our jurors between the dates of June 12, 2021 and June 16, 2021
• Each artist member may submit up to 3 paintings to be judged
• Each painting is judged on an individual basis and, therefore, considered on an individual basis for exhibition as well, not as a group
• Selections will be announced to ALL ARTISTS, regarding paintings selected or not, via Online Juried Shows by June 28, 2021
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED PAINTINGS:
• Drop-Off dates:
Thursday, July 15, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Friday, July 16, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Saturday, July 17, from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
• Please include name, title, sale price and insured price on a label on the back of the painting
• No shipping of paintings to the museum is allowed
• Please work together with others in your area for delivery and pick-up
• A predetermined sales price MUST BE provided by the artist for each painting submitted to the show If the painting is not for sale, we still need an Insurance value for the painting
• The Canton Museum of Art agrees to act as agent in the sale of any of the Exhibitor’s works of art.
• The Exhibitor agrees to pay the Canton Museum of art a commission of 30% of the collected sales price of the works of art as established or approved by the Exhibitor.
• The Canton Museum of Art agrees to collect the required Ohio State Sales Tax.
• Due to Guidelines set by the American Association of Museums, “for sale” signs for pieces in the gallery will not be posted, however there will be a price list available.
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND RETURN OF UNSOLD WORK:
• The exhibition officially ends Sunday, October 24, 2021
• Pick-up dates:
Friday, October 29th from 10am-5pm and
Saturday, October 30th from 10am-5pm.
• Any work not picked up will wind up at Chris Leeper’s house
IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
6/12/21 – All entries are due via Online Juried Shows.com
6/16/21 – Juror deadline to review submissions
6/28/21 – Selections announced via Online Juried Shows.com7/16/21-7/17/21 – Selected paintings MUST BE dropped off at the Canton Museum of Art
8/3/21 – Opening of the show 8/12/21 – OPAS Opening Reception (5-7 p.m.)
10/24/21 – Show concludes.
10/29/21 and 10/30/21– Pick up unsold Art at the Canton Museum of Art (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.)
• Address for The Canton Museum of Art, 1001 Market Ave, North Canton, OH 44702
• The OPAS chair for this show is Chris Leeper