The Ohio Plein Air Society Juried Show in Mansfield, OH
Painting in the Elements: Select Plein Air Paintings by Members of the Ohio Plein Air Society
At the Mansfield Art Center
A Juried, Plein Air Gallery Exhibition
Sunday, June 28, 2020 to Sunday, July 26, 2020
Entry Deadline: May 4, 2020
Images – Maximum: 3 images
Entry Fee: $30.00
Click Here To Enter
CALL FOR OPAS ARTISTS:
This juried event will celebrate the plein air tradition by exhibiting, promoting, and selling an exclusive group of works painted outdoors in the true spirit of plein air painting. Our juror will select the finest plein air works from members of the Ohio Plein Air Society. We will celebrate at an opening on Sunday, June 28, 3:00 – 5:00 PM. Awards at 4:00 pm.
There is no theme for this show. Please submit your very best plein air work.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to add a prestigious fine art gallery exhibition to your artist resume.
- All entries must be submitted via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) by May 4, 2020. An entry start date has not been determined.
- Artists MUST be members of the Ohio Plein Air Society to submit their works. Go to www.ohiopleinairsociety.com for membership information. ENTRIES AND FEES:
- A non-refundable application fee of $30 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
- This fee is payable online only by credit card via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) • Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 painting images
- This is strictly a juried show
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR PAINTINGS (at least 90% done on location, outside, from direct observation)
- Paintings should be completed during the calendar years of 2018 to May 4, 2020
- Our juror will be choosing works they feel best represent the spirit of PLEIN AIR
- Please submit your best PLEIN AIR work only, no studio work
- All artwork MUST BE framed and wired securely for hanging in a fine art gallery setting
- Works on paper and mediums susceptible to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass.
- Size limit: artwork cannot exceed 48” on the longest side
- The Mansfield Art Center reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging.
- Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present for the duration of the scheduled exhibition
- Juror: Larry Churski
- All paintings submitted for judging will be reviewed by our juror between the dates of May 4, 2020 and May 18, 2020
- Each artist member may submit up to 3 paintings to be judged.
- Each painting is judged on an individual basis and, therefore, considered on an individual basis for exhibition as well, not as a group
- Selections will be announced to ALL ARTISTS, regarding paintings selected or not, via Online Juried Shows by June 1, 2020
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED PAINTINGS:
- Drop-Off dates are Friday, June 12, 2020, from 1-5 pm and Saturday, June 13, 2020, from 1-5 pm
- Please include name, title, sale price and insured price on a label on the back of the painting
- No shipping of paintings to the museum is allowed
- Please work together with others in your area for delivery and pick-up
- A predetermined sales price MUST BE provided by the artist for each painting submitted to the show
- If the painting is not for sale, we still need an Insurance value for the painting
- An exhibition guide will list prices, and all sales will be handled by the Art Center
- A 40% commission will be deducted from the sale price of any work sold during the show
- Prior to receiving the money from a sale, the artist must complete a 2020 W9 form for tax purposes
- The artist will receive 60% of all sales and will be paid at the show’s completion via check and mailed to
the address provided in the artist’s application
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND RETURN OF UNSOLD WORK:
- The exhibition officially ends Sunday, July 26, 2020 • Pick-up date is Tuesday, July 28, 2020, from 3-7 pm
- Any work not picked up will wind up at Robin’s house
IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
- 5/4/20 – All entries are due via Online Juried Shows.com
- 5/18/20 – Juror deadline to review submissions
- 6/1/20 – Selections announced via Online Juried Shows.com
- 6/12-13/20 – Selected paintings MUST BE dropped off at The Mansfield Art Center
- 6/28/20 – Opening of the show
- 6/28/20 – Opening reception from 3:00-5:00 pm at The Mansfield Art Center
- 7/26/20 – Show concludes.
- 7/28/20 – Pick up unsold Art at The Mansfield Art Center
- Address for The Mansfield Art Center, 700 Marion Ave. Mansfield, Ohio 44906
- Hours and phone for the Art Center: Tuesday – Sunday 11am – 5pm | 419.756.1700
- The OPAS chair for this show is Robin Roberts