|The Ohio Plein Air Society Members Show: Farm Life en Plein Air
At The Springfield Museum of Art
A Juried, Plein Air Gallery Exhibition
Saturday, December 8, 2018 to Saturday, March 9, 2019
Opening Reception, Saturday, December 8, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
Entry Deadline: Sunday, October 7, 2016
Images – Minimum: 1, Maximum: 3
Entry Fee: $25.00
CALL FOR OPAS ARTISTS:
This juried event will celebrate the plein air tradition by exhibiting, promoting, and selling an exclusive group of works painted outdoors in the true spirit of plein air painting. Our juror will select the finest plein air works from members of the Ohio Plein Air Society. Every member who submits is guaranteed to have a painting included in the show.
We will celebrate at an opening on Saturday, December 8, 2018, 5:30 – 7:30 PM.
Our Theme for this show is simply Farm Life en Plein Air. Any part of a farm can be painted for this show. Everyone has a farm close by. Please remember to ask permission before painting on private property.
Don’t miss this unique opportunity to win cash prizes, sell your work, and add a prestigious fine art museum exhibition to your artist resume.
- All entries must be submitted via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com) by Sunday, October 7th, 2018. An entry start date has not been determined.
- Artists MUST be members of the Ohio Plein Air Society to submit their works. Go to www.ohiopleinairsociety.com or call 419-606-1620 for membership information.
ENTRIES AND FEES:
- A non-refundable application fee of $25 will be collected from each artist submitting their works.
- This fee is payable online only by credit card via Online Juried Shows (www.onlinejuriedshows.com)
- Each artist may submit a maximum of 3 painting images
- The artist will be responsible for delivery of art to/from The Springfield Museum of Art, on any works selected for exhibition
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
- All submissions MUST BE ORIGINAL PLEIN AIR PAINTINGS (at least 90% done on location)
- Paintings must have been completed during the last 4 years
- All paintings must depict some aspect of a farm
- Our juror will be choosing works they feel best represent the spirit of PLEIN AIR painting and the theme of Farm Life.
- Please submit your best PLEIN AIR work only, no studio work
- All artwork MUST BE framed, and wired securely for hanging in a fine art gallery setting
- Works on paper and mediums susceptible to smearing/smudging MUST BE protected under glass or plexi-glass.
- The Springfield Museum of Art reserves the right to reject any artwork deemed improperly framed or improperly prepared for hanging.
- Any work accepted to the juried show MUST BE present for the duration of the scheduled exhibition
- Juror: Dan Knepper
- Each artist member may submit up to 3 paintings to be judged.
- Each painting is judged on an individual basis and, therefore, considered on an individual basis for exhibition as well, not as a group
- Every OPAS member that submits will get at least one painting into the show
- Selections will be announced to ALL ARTISTS, regarding paintings selected or not, via Online Juried Shows by Monday, Oct. 22, 2018
DELIVERY OF ACCEPTED PAINTINGS:
- Selected works MUST BE hand delivered to The Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, OH 45504
- Drop-Off dates are Wednesday, November 14, 2018, from 4 – 7 pm and Saturday, November 17, 2018 from 1 – 4 pm
- While there are no numerical limitations to the size of each piece being submitted, please only submit paintings that can be easily packed and delivered safe to/from The Springfield Museum of Art
- All paintings selected will be considered consigned inventory of The Springfield Museum of Art
- A predetermined sales price MUST BE provided at the time of submission by the artist for each painting submitted to the show
- The Springfield Museum of Art art will collect a 30% commission on all paintings sold during the exhibition
- The Springfield Museum of Art commission will be deducted from the provided sales price.
- Prior to receiving their portion of a sale, the artist must complete a 2019 W9 form for tax purposes
- The artist’s portion of all sales will be paid at the show’s completion via check and mailed to the address provided in the artist’s application.
EXHIBITION CLOSE AND RETURN OF UNSOLD WORK:
- The exhibition officially ends Saturday, March 9th, 2019
- Pick-up dates are: Sunday, March 10th, 2019 from 1 – 4 pm and Wednesday March 13th, 2019 from 4 – 7 pm
DEADLINE/IMPORTANT DATES SUMMARY:
10/7/18 – All entries are due via Online Juried Shows.com
10/22/18 – Selections announced via Online Juried Shows.com
11/14/18 & 11/17/18 – Selected paintings MUST BE dropped off at The Springfield Museum of Art
12/8/18 – Show starts at The Springfield Museum of Art
12/8/18 – Opening show reception from 5:30 – 7:30 pm at The Springfield Museum of Art
3/9/19 – Show concludes.
3/10/19 and 3/13/19 – Pick up unsold Art at The Springfield Museum of Art
• Address for the Springfield Museum of Art, 107 Cliff Park Road, Springfield, OH 45504
• The OPAS chair for this show is Robine Wright